Farm the Land, Grow the Spirit
June 4th – July 19th, 2012
Farm the Land, Grow the Spirit is our summer food justice internship program for Muslims, Jews, Christians, and those of other faith traditions ages 19-30. Interns will be part of the Community of Living Traditions, a multifaith, multicultural, and intergenerational residential community housed at Stony Point Center.
Farm the Land
- Learn how to setup and maintain a seasonal garden
- Gain experience in composting, planting, harvesting, tilling, and cooking produce
- Develop skills in addressing large-scale food justice issues
Grow the Spirit
- Learn how food justice and nonviolence are embraced by Judaism, Islam, and Christianity
- Interact with people of different faiths and grow in your understanding of their traditions
- Gather daily for study and reflection within your own tradition
- Have fun kayaking, hiking, creating art, and enjoying local outings
All interns receive housing, meals, and a $500 stipend for the summer.